Facts and Information on Beagles
On this page you will find some carefully compiled Beagle facts. Use them to find out more about Beagles or just to impress your canine-loving friends! So here goes...
- Beagles were originally bred in England to hunt hares and rabbits
- Beagles are famous for their long, wide ears
- Beagles have an extraordinary ability to pick up on unusual scents
- Male Beagles will grow to an average of 14-16 inches tall. Females will grow to around 13-15 inches
- Beagles will live around 12-15 years, and weigh around 20-25 pounds on average
- Beagles normally have a short or medium coat which doesn't require huge maintenance
- Beagles are very energetic! They are curious, intrepid and social
- Beagles travel well and adapt to new surroundings and experiences relatively easily
- Beagles most commonly have tri-color coats, made up of brown, black and white
- Beagles are good family pets and are usually more than happy to play with children
- The black areas on Beagles will often turn brown after a few months. A lot of older Beagles may lose their black!
Remember you can always check out our pet dog section for more information on other breeds!